Storms and Screens
River City Window Works builds and installs storm and screen window additions for your historic windows.
- Traditional Wood Storm Windows
- Full or Half Screens
- Uni-Frame Storm/Screen Combination
- Interior and Exterior Storm Panels
Traditional Wood Storm Windows
River City Window Works custom builds traditional wood storm windows to match your historic windows. Storm windows can be added to either the interior or exterior of your window frame. Our storm windows are traditional in appearance and mount in the standard, 1 - 1/16" to 1 - 1/4" exterior shelf around the primary window. There are many advantages to adding storm windows to your historic wood windows.
- Storm windows allow you to maintain the historical character of your building by preserving your old wood windows.
- Storm windows provide insulation by creating a thermal gap with your current window. The addition of a storm window will make your historic windows energy efficient without replacement.
- Storm windows will reduce noise from outside entering your building, creating a more quiet environment.
- Storm windows will protect your current windows from the elements and deterioration.
- Storm windows will keep air and dust out of your building from gaps around your current windows.
- Storm windows are an inexpensive alternative to window replacement.
Uni-Frame Storm/Screen Combination
Our uni-frame storm/screen combination allows you the convenience of installing one frame that holds both the storm and screen. The storm or screen are easily inserted and removed from the frame, allowing you the flexibility of a storm window for heat insulation in the winter, and a screen for cooling ventilation in the summer, all from a single frame attached to your window.